Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fine Tuning

Well I'm not going to lie. The last two weeks I've really been struggling again with eating and it's been frustrating!! I had been doing really well and really felt like that desire to eat when I wasn't hungry was gone but the last two weeks I've been having to pray for strength more then ever for some reason and I didn't even weigh on Thursday because I was afraid to. I don't feel like I've gained any weight but I definitely don't feel like I've lost any either. I haven't been binging or anything like that but I just felt like I've been eating more at mealtimes and sometimes I don't always wait until I'm totally hungry, just barely hungry and it's been frustrating! I think it's just a big reminder though that I am not in control and that I need God every moment of every day and that when I start to loose focus I will start going backwards again and that is NOT where I ever want to go. I am going to weigh this Thursday again to see where I am to and I am really just trying to stay focused "up" right now and stay in God's will and boundaries. I have been reading from the Weighdown Chronicles every day and the one I just read really hit home with me right now. Here is only part of what it said but it hit the nail on the head for me:

In the beginning of our love relationship with God, we often don’t realize just how much He expects of us. At first He asks little, but as we grow and mature, we face more choices about just how much of ourselves we are willing to give to Him. Just as a parent has to re-direct and discipline a child for his own good, God must do the same with us. We simply can’t have everything we think we want! The world will continue to distract us and beg for our attention, but God remains constant in that only HE can provide us with everything we need.

SO true so I'm staying tuned in to what else He is trying to teach me because I know He is going to keep fine tuning me until I am completely His and His alone with no other stronghold or idols!

1 comment:

Elizabeth A Van Cleve said...

Thats so good. Stay encouraged. We are Gods CHILDREN, and children have to learn to roll, then crawl, then walk, then run... and the whole time they get a lot of bumps scrapes and bruises and shed a lot of tears.

You are BEAUTIFUL!