Sunday, October 18, 2009

WOW! What a difference it makes...


This past week has been an eye opener for me for a couple of reasons:
1- I started the week off by writing out my goals for just this week in a place where I saw them every day

2- I started keeping the food journal that I've been saying I was going to do
Okay, to start with #1. Writing out my goals. WOW! What a difference that made in my week to help me stay focused! What I did was I have a big white board hanging on my basement wall where my treadmill is that's been there forever. I decided to write my long term weight loss goals on it and then I also wrote my goals for just the week as well. I then wrote in big letters all over it, my goal weight (125) and "I AM A RUNNER" all over it. Like the Secret and most motivational programs teach, you have to Believe it if you want to Achieve it and part of starting to do that is to write it down in places you'll see it and read it all the time and it can be on the forefront of your mind everyday. Well I've always talked about doing that and knew it would probably help but WOW! Let me tell you, IT HELPS!!!

Every morning when I would go downstairs and get on my treadmill to run my mile, there- staring me in the face, were my goals. So when I was running and feeling good, I also got to review and concentrate on my goals as well. And having my goals for the week there kept me focused and reminded of what they were! Normally I, like most of you, would start off the week motivated and with really good intentions but by mid week I would get so wrapped up in life that the motivation and whatever my good intentions were, had completely worn off! BOY WAS THIS WEEK DIFFERENT! And it's all because I wrote it down and stayed FOCUSED! I'm excited about this (if you can't tell)!!! WRITE IT DOWN IN A PLACE YOU CAN SEE IT EVERY DAY!!! I just can't emphasize that enough!!

Okay, onto my #2 reason. The food journal. Again, I had read over and over again and heard by people I know that this can help. Just keeping a simple food journal of what you're eating every day. Well I've also in the past said I was going to do this but never did. Finally last week I bought a little notebook and started writing down what I ate. And because I had that on the white board as one of my weekly goals (Keep food Journal) I was reminded every morning to do it, so I did.

Let me just say this, when you know you have to write every little thing down that you put in your mouth, no matter how small, it makes you think twice before you eat that extra little cookie or buy that little mint truffle in the grocery line. I was honest with what I put down and I'm not going to lie, I noticed I eat a lot of crap that I don't need to be eating. Sugary stuff that PACKS on the extra calories! And Tabby was right, when you look back at all the crap you're eating, it kind of pisses you off! And it makes me want to eat better and make healthier choices. This is the only body I have and I want to stick around for a while. I have a lot of goals and dreams in this life that I want to live out and I need my health to do it.

Okay, aside from all of that, I'm also jogging my entire mile at a 5! When I started running it was taking me 13 minutes and 40 seconds to get through it. Now I am down to 12 minutes!! Yeah! I also ordered Isagenix yesterday and I'm going to do the 9 day cleanse when it gets here. I'm excited to do that too. Aside from being emotional for some odd reason, I'm feeling pretty excited. And I can't wait to write down my new goals for this week on my board too. It's given me new hope! And something to remember: "Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever". Unfortunately...

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

I love it! You really are doing SO awesome! The food journal kicks your trash! You don't want to eat things because you know you will have to write them down! ROCK ON! actually RUN ON!