Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Light of the World

I just LOVE summertime! This year because we had such a long, cold winter and it didn't even feel like we even had a Spring, I appreciate it even more then I usually do too. There is so much to do and enjoy in the summer. It's a time to relax and just enjoy the beauty that is all around us. Whenever I am outside and I feel the sun shining down on me, I can't help but get an overwhelming warm feeling in my soul as well because it just reminds me that God is the light of the world and that He has filled my soul with His sunshine as well!

We went up to the canyon yesterday and it was SO lush and green and B-E-A-utiful and I just felt at such awe once again that God loves us so much and is such a beautiful artist that He would create such an amazing world for us to live in and enjoy! What overwhelms me even more then that is to think that God himself is more beautiful then any thing we have ever laid our eyes on on this earth and that the place He has prepared for us is FAR more beautiful then we could even imagine! I don't understand how anyone can look at some of the wonderful, amazing things in this world and not be totally blown away by the Creator of it! Boggles my mind...

So today was my weigh in day and the scale is continuing to go down! I'm only down a half a pound but that is just since last Friday so that is awesome! I'm excited about the direction the scale is going but I'm mostly excited about the direction my heart is going!
You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it give light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise you Father in Heaven.
Matthew 5:14-16

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

I agree! I want to meet you for sure the next time you go to the lake! You are the cutest! I love that picture of you and your twin!
Is that provo canyon?

Nicole said...

No, it's Payson Canyon at the Grotto. It's right up the canyon from where I live and it's the first time I had been there! Jennie took me there and I could not believe I had never been because it was SOOOOOOOOO beautiful!! It's just a really fun hike that's easy and then it ends at the waterfall...