Saturday, July 3, 2010

Freedom!!!

This weekend is the 4th of July, a day in which Americans celebrate our independence and our freedom and liberty. I LOVE the 4th of July and I LOVE this great country that we are so blessed to live in and celebrate this time of year! Patriotism has always run very deep in our family and courses through our blood! I LOVE what freedom represents and I love that it is God that gave us that freedom and that freedom is preached all throughout the Bible:
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corn. 3:17

In him [Christ] and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. Eph. 3:12

The freedom and patriotism that I feel for my beloved country is overwhelming in my heart but it doesn't even hold a candle to the freedom that I feel and received from the Holy Spirit in my heart! This 4th of July I will be celebrating not only the freedom from this country but I feel more blessed then ever that God has freed me from the slavery of overeating and SOOOO many other strongholds of this world and has brought me out of the land of "Egypt" and is taking me to the promised land!

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1

In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. Psalm 118:5

I have hit the 10 pound mark as of yesterday and I was SO excited to hit my first big milestone that I was seeing fireworks go off a few days early!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth A Van Cleve said...

I happened to stumble across this blog. Is it new? I never remember seeing it. Very nice. Love your entries!