Friday, July 23, 2010

Okay, have I mentioned how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE summertime? Well, I do! This month of July is flying by but it has been SOOOOOOOOOOO much fun! Between the 4th, boating, swimming, Powell and all of the July birthday's we've had, it has been such a crazy month.

We went to Lake Powell last weekend (see pic) and it was SO beautiful and serene! I love going because it's a trip that is total relaxation through and through and I come back feeling so rested and renewed. This time was no different. When I was there I just kept thinking about how beautiful God's creations are and on the last night on the lake when we were headed back on the boat the sky was so gorgeous and I couldn't stop looking at it. One of the clouds literally looked like a giant dove in the sky with it's wings open flying into heaven and then the rays of sunlight were streaming through. I just felt that God painted that sky just for me (He is a romancer you know) and it just made me smile.

I waited until yesterday to weigh again and when I did I was happy because the scale is continuing to go down! I was down another pound! That makes 11 pounds total to date. I can't wait until I hit the 20 pound mark!

I'm reading another book right now called "Women, Food and God". It's funny because I bought the book a while ago and forgot I had it and then Oprah had it on her show as a recommended read so I pulled it out. We all know that if she read it then it must be golden right ;)... It's been really interesting to read because it teaches a lot of the same things that Weighdown does as far as eating between hunger and fullness and that when you eat past that it's emotional eating but she definitely has some different views on how to fill that void then just filling up with God. I'm not quite done with it yet but it has been interesting to read knowing what I already believe and have been practicing. I'm really just trying to stay focused "UP" right now more then ever because I want to continue to loose weight and stay out of myself and I know that the only way to do that is by fillng up with God instead of this world and it's not always easy to do when you have so much going on but I've realized quickly over the last few months that that is my lifeline, not the things of this world...

It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.' Matthew 4:4

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

hmmm, I remember when I used to be your friend and you used to invite me FUN places... I guess that has passed! You look SEXY though!