Wednesday, May 12, 2010

He demands all of us

Whew! Where do I even start?! This past week has been a very emotional one for me and looking back on the last few days I can now see exactly why I went through the emotions I did and how God has used that already to draw closer to Him!

I have been getting on the Weighdown message boards every day and connecting with the women there and that has been amazing to me. To talk with other women who are going through exactly what I am and to be able to vent and get feedback and encouragement has been exactly what I needed. Last weekend when I prayed to God and told him that I just didn't feel connected anywhere and really felt like I needed to be, he immediately answered my prayers by taking me there. I also got an invite from a women from my church to join a women's bible study. I knew that too came straight from God. Yesterday was the first day I was going to it and I almost let Satan have his way by not going but I just felt such a push to go so I got up, jumped in the shower and got ready in record time. I was glad I made it too because the study they're doing is called He Speaks to Me and everything it is teaching is right in line with what Weighdown is also teaching. Here is a paragraph from this weeks lesson:

To move into the calling the Lord has for us, we must willingly leave some things behind. God will not share our time and attention with other gods. Anything or anybody that receives more of my worship than God does is an idol, including tv, books the internet or even a relationship. Even necessary and good things like food and sleep can become idols if they become more important than God. God will not share us with anything or anyone that takes our eyes off of Him. He demands all of us.

So was it a coincidence that I made it there? I think not! I am SO excited to add this bible study to what I'm already studying. Furthermore, I'm looking forward to also make some connections with the women there as well, which I know God wants me to do. God has been desperately trying to just get me to BE STILL so He can tell me and show me what He has planned for me! Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I'm trying not to worry about it. That's hard to do, but I don't want that to be my focus at all. Here are a couple of verses that really spoke to me the last few days:

Be still, and know that I am God...Psalm 47:10

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
Psalm 34:17

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires...For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace. Romans 6:12,14

No comments: