Saturday, May 15, 2010

Jesus loves me this I know...

So Thursday was my weigh in day and I prayed about it before I did it because I didn't want the outcome of whether or not I had lost any weight to in any way affect the path that I'm on. I weighed and I had lost almost 1/2 pound (my scale is digital). My first reaction was, "okay, well at least it something" considering I had not had a great week but I'm not going to lie, I was a bit disappointed at first. The good news is is that the disappointment didn't last. The more I started thinking about this past four weeks I got more and more excited about what I've been through and how much I have accomplished emotionally, physically and most importantly-spiritually! Here is a summary of things I am SO happy about from this past month:

1) I've lost just about 5 pounds!!! That's something I had not done after four straight months of jogging almost every single day faithfully. That is also without dieting of any form. I did not count a calorie, look at a label, take a diet pill or stress about trying to squeeze a workout in my day somewhere. I was freed from even thinking about any of that!

2) I am eating A LOT less food every day and thus I feel like I have more energy because of it and I can tell my stomach has shrunk as well because I've been cutting most of my portions almost in half. I've also noticed that when I first started doing this I would eat and still feel hungry and it was really hard not to eat more. Now I've noticed that most of the time not only is it enough, the old portions that I used to eat are starting to seem like WAY to much food now! That is awesome to me!! A breakthrough for sure!

3) Above anything else that has happened this past month I am most excited about what God has shown me. During this time of emotional vulnerability God has used it to draw me closer to Him! A few years ago I read my bible from cover to cover but I hardly took anything out of it. I've often thought that I would open it up more if I thought there was something specific God was trying to show me but every time I did nothing really spoke to me. Well let me tell you my friends, God has changed all of that. I feel like every time I open it up verses are jumping off the pages at me and I feel like God is speaking to me personally through it! Like I've said in my previous post, He is also speaking to me through music and people and prayers and all in all I feel SO overwhelmed with His love for me right now! He is taking all of the time that I used to use thinking about food and working out and dieting and He is filling it up with HIM, His love and His truths and I've said it before but I will say it again; "My cup runneth over!!!" That's how I feel right now after I sum up this first month! I'm a work in process and I can't wait to see what He has to show me this next month! I LOVE you Jesus! THANKS for everything!!! :)

...The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart.
1 Samuel 16:7

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37: 3-6

1 comment:

Amanda Leigh said...

That is so awesome! I am SO encouraged to hear all that God is doing in your life. Isn't it amazing when He becomes so personal? I'm praying for you and love you! I can relate to your breakthroughs too. I am eating WAY less and when I think about my old portions I can hardly imagine fitting that into my stomach now! :) When I get home we can encourage each other in this...I can't wait! xoxo LOVE YOU!