Friday, May 7, 2010

Divine Pruning

This past week has been very emotionally draining for me but also AMAZING! There have been some hurts from may past that have been re-surfacing for some reason and I finally just got really honest with God and poured my heart out to Him. The first day I prayed I was almost angry. Not at God, at the situation. He immediately started answering my prayers the very next day. It's a long story and kind of personal but let's just say, this past week He not only answered two specific prayers but He also showed me over and over how much He loves me. He spoke directly to me through people, songs and Bible verses this past week and I have never felt so vulnerable yet so loved all at the same time!

I didn't loose any weight this past week and yesterday I was down a bit from it but when I got honest with myself I only had myself to blame for that. I let some of the basic rules of Weighdown slip and wasn't as focused as I was the first two weeks. My hormones have been going crazy since my miscarriage and trying to get back to "normal" and let's just say, it hasn't always been fun.

I was in my car running some errands yesterday and I put in the audio and listened again and that was encouraging. I also got into my Breakthrough book and answered a lot of the questions in the lesson too. That also helped me to re-focus. I'm so excited too because I also got connected with a group of women on a message board on the Weighdown website and it was just what I was looking for. It's so encouraging to read what they are going through and their encouragements and be able to relate and have someone hold me accountable. I'm SO excited to have connected with them! So all in all, things are GREAT! God never ceases to amaze me! I am a work in process and He is doing some "Divine Pruning" on me right now and although it can be really emotionally hard at times, I know that I need to yield to it because it is for my own good and is because He love me!

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful...Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me" John 15:1-2, 4

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4

3 comments:

Tabitha said...

Why are you so dang spiritual? I wish I had a little more faith like you! You are such a great example to me! I love you!

Amanda Leigh said...

That is so awesome and encouraging to me too! I've been using the Weigh Down concepts too and I feel like God is setting me free from a stronghold.

When I get home this summer we can hold each other accountable and be a good support! Love you!

Nicole said...

Thanks! I love you both too! :)