Sunday, September 5, 2010

Frustrated

My heart has felt heavy lately and I'm going through some personal things and have not felt much like blogging. I weighed on Friday and I had lost almost 1 pound since last week but I still am struggling a lot. I haven't been binging or eating a lot but I know I can wait longer to eat and I know I can eat less when I do. I've been turning to food with my insecurities and find myself snacking unnecessarily and it's been frustrating! I know that I need to be turning to God. I try, and I've been praying, but I feel drained and sad for some reason and I feel like God is testing me right now and I'm failing miserably which only makes me more sad and frustrated! I just feel sad and my heart feels heavy right now but I just keep giving it back to God and that's all I can do. I heard the other day that a lot of times before something awesome happens, we will experience more pain or trials so I'm holding onto that right now knowing that whatever is going on with me, God will use it for good or to draw me closer to Him in the long run.

I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the Lord, and there is no other.
Isaiah 45:5-6

1 comment:

Elizabeth A Van Cleve said...

Those dry places are always difficult. But they are necessary because they cause us to seek the Lord more intently, which is what he desires. Just like you desire to be sought after intensely, so God want us to seek after him with all our heart:
"By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not...I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer...I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me." Song of Solomon