Sunday, September 26, 2010

I was Blind but now I SEE!

I know it's been a while since I've blogged but I have good reasons! First off, I weighed myself the week before last and was down one more pound. That's make a total of 15 which still is an average of about a pound a week. I didn't weigh last week or this week because I've been so sidetracked with my good news:

Baby #2 is on the way!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited because we really wanted to get pregnant and once again I am blown away by how good God is to me!

When I had a miscarriage back in March I wasn't surprised at all. It's weird but when I found out I was pregnant then, I knew something wasn't right. I kept taking pregnancy tests and they kept coming out positive so finally after a few weeks I started to accept that maybe I was. Then I miscarried. At the time although I was a little bit sad, I wasn't worried because I knew that God's timing was perfect and that there must be a reason.

Now, looking back over the past few months, the reason was this; I had a LOT of spiritual growing and learning to do and a lot of past hurts in my marriage that I needed to face and let go of before we were ready to grow our family. God knew that.

What He revealed to me over the past few months just since then has blown my mind! I feel our marriage had a turning point that it has needed for a while and I feel closer to my husband now then I ever have. God has revealed SO much to me about Him, my relationships, and myself and I don't think I've ever in my life had such a spiritual awakening as I have the past few months. It's been hard at times but God brought me through it and I can see why every single thing He was showing me needed to be dealt with and re-surfaced. He wanted to be invited into those parts of my heart that needed healing and when I let Him in, HE HEALED THEM!! I feel like "I was blind and now I see!" WOW!! God is SO amazing when we can trust Him with ALL areas of our lives!

So last month I prayed to God and told Him that I felt like I was ready now to get pregnant but I trust His perfect timing and not my own. I told him how I felt, but left it up to His will. Well lo and behold, I conceived less then a week after I prayed that prayer! When I trust God with all areas of my life, I am free!! He is so awesome and continues to amaze me every day!

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. Psalm 28:7

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

Elizabeth A Van Cleve said...

I am so happy for you. God is SO AWESOME!