Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I had my second doctor appointment two days ago so of course they had to weigh me. I was holding my breath because I knew I had gained some weight because of how much I had been eating. I read that you technically at this stage only need about 300 extra calories a day but I definitely had been eating more then that. Then on top of it, I have been so tired so I felt like I was laying down most days and hardly even moving! Well, sure enough, I had gained 4 pounds in one month! I thought that was too much!

The good news is that my first trimester is almost over and I'm already starting to feel less nauseous and I do feel like I'm getting a little bit of energy back as well. So the last few days I've cut back and have really just tried to go back to listening to what my body is calling for and nothing more. I also want to start getting in some more activity in my day too and I have lists of things that I want to try to get done during my second trimester before I get too big. I'm going to start eating smaller amounts again because I noticed just in the last few weeks I had started eating way bigger amounts then I needed for sure. I'm way excited though because I got to hear the heart beat again and everything is right on schedule! I get to find out what the sex is 3 weeks from today and I can't WAIT!!

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

ARe you kidding me??? This is not a joke... When I went in at this point I had gained 15 lbs...NOT A LIE!!! I could not believe my eyes and thought for sure they were playing some sort of trick on me!? 4lbs...HA! NOTHING! you are crazy! and CUTE!

Penn and Kass said...

Eat up! The baby wants you too!