Monday, November 1, 2010

My Pregnancy Challenge

I am ten weeks along right now so in two more weeks I will be ending my first trimester. I have really been trying hard most days to still listen to my body and wait until I'm hungry but it has been really hard to let my stomach empty completely out because the second I even start to feel slightly hungry, I also start getting really nauseated and super weak. If I stay a little ahead of the game and eat something small and light before I start getting hungry then I don't get that way. I don't want to gain a bunch of weight this pregnancy and I don't think my body needs to since I'm already about 30 pounds overweight so I really want to keep things in check and listen to what my body needs.

It wasn't this way with my first pregnancy at all and I never even got sick so it's definitely different this time. All the books are saying that usually after the first trimester the sickness goes away so I'm really hoping for that so that I can go back to just waiting for true hunger. I know if I just listen to what my body needs throughout this pregnancy and continue to eat small amounts I shouldn't have to worry about gaining a lot of weight. That is my challenge right now. I will still apply everything I've learned through Weighdown while pregnant and the great thing is is because it's not a diet of any sort, I still can.

No comments: