Thursday, April 22, 2010

THE SCALE MOVED!!!

I feel like skipping and doing cartwheels this morning! Today was the day I decided I would weigh since I have my online class tonight and when I stepped on the scale holding my breath and feeling REALLY nervous, it all went away when it showed I had lost THREE pounds in less then a week!!! I cannot even put into words how excited I am! When I first started this blog last September and was focused on jogging and figuring out ways to boost my metabolism and all of the wrong things and I ended up SO frustrated! After about three months of jogging 6 days a week faithfully every morning, I had finally decided to face my fears and weigh myself again and I had GAINED two pounds!! I know weight can fluctuate a couple of pounds but I will never forget how utterly frustrated and desperate I felt! I felt like throwing my hands into the air and giving up. Which is exactly what I did at the time because I stopped jogging all together. I thought to myself "if it's not going to do one bit of good then why do it?".

So needless to say, the truth about weight loss that I knew after my first Weighdown class years ago but had choose to forget is true! This past week I have been praying every day that God would show me how to stay within HIS boundaries of hunger and fullness and not to overeat and He has! I have been eating A LOT less as a result and I haven't worked out even once. I haven't counted a calorie or fat gram or even put a thought into what I have eaten. When I was hungry, I would eat what sounded good to me at that time. If it was chocolate, I ate it, just in small amounts. I've had pizza, spaghetti, burritos and nachos. I've just been eating at least HALF of what I used to eat and when it was hard for me to stop eating I would say a quick prayer for strength and God gave it to me! I am learning how to change my passion for food so before when I used to go to food to try to make me feel better and fill up my heart I now am going to God instead. It's not stomach hunger we have most of the time but a hunger in our hearts and food is a temporary pick-me-up.

I also had a couple of funny God-incidences (that's what Gwen calls them) too that literally made me laugh out loud so I will share one in particular:
Last Saturday I had been craving ice cream all day long but I didn't have any and I didn't want to buy any either because that is one of my main weaknesses and I didn't want to push it. Well by the time Saturday night rolled around I couldn't take it anymore so I thought that maybe I just wouldn't eat dinner at all and then I could go to Smiths and get a pint of my fav ice cream in the whole world; Mint Moose Tracks. I went and got it knowing that I was going to eat the entire thing because I could never stop with that one EVER in the past. When I got home and got Toby to sleep me and Robb sat down to watch a movie and I got out my pint of ice cream feeling excited but knowing in the back of my mind that I shouldn't eat it all yet also knowing that I would because I wouldn't be able to stop with it. I just got my little spoon and got settled on the couch next to my hubby and as I looked down and went to dig in I stopped dead in my tracks. The entire pint was freezer burnt! There were little crystallized ice all over it. At first I thought it wasn't true so I still dug in and tried to see if it was just on top. OH NO! It was the ENTIRE thing! I literally laughed out loud at how funny God thought he was but then I thanked Him that he cares about me SO much and wants to see me succeed at this that he would do that! I know it was not just chance that I had got a freezer burnt one. I've bought those a million times and have never had a freezer burnt one in that brand before. It was God taking care of me! What an awesome God we have! :) I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel again, and guess what? IT'S GOD!! :)
Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God." Luke 18:27

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I love you! You are awesome! I wish I were closer to you!