Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Wake up Call!!

I started the online class on Thursday night and I am really excited about it! As I was watching it I was feeling like everything is SO obvious and it reminded me of all of the things that I learned in the first class I did a few years ago but have not been applying. It really helped me to realize that I do over analyze everything and really it's SO simple:

"If your stomach is not growling, YOU DON'T EAT!!" A true physiological stomach growl is the ONLY thing that can turn on your mouth on to eat! It's not rocket science! God designed us this way! This is how animals eat and even our children. Food is only supposed to be FUEL for our bodies. We are supposed to ONLY eat when we're hungry and STOP when we're "politely full". What we eat does not matter!!!

The typical weight loss program suggests loosing weight through diet and exercise. This way suggests that if you loose the passion for the food the result will be eating less and therefore loosing weight PERMANENTLY! God didn't put yummy food on this earth to torture us! It's my heart toward the food that needs to change and only when that happens will I ever be permanently thin! Eating between hunger and fullness and ONLY between hunger and fullness is the will of God! All overeating is GREEDY and greed is idolatry! I had a hard time truly believing this the first time around and instead bought into Satan's lies over the last few years and that is why I am still overweight! When I stop being greedy I will stop overeating.

For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. - Eph. 5:5

So here's what I'm working on to change my heart and weight right now:

1) Praying praying praying that God will rule over me and that I can learn to completely surrender to his will and not my own by trying to learn to let go of the control that I feel like I need to have over food and let go of the steering wheel.
3) I'm learning to anticipate attacks from Satan before they happen so I'm prepared and strong.
4) I'm cutting all my portions in half and using a smaller plate to put my food on in the first plate.
5) NO GROWL- NO EATING!!! That alone will cut out a lot of unnecessary snacking and calories.
6) OBEY IN FULL! God is going to rule over my body, mind and soul!

Overeating causes disease, shame, heart problems, diabetes and on and on and on...I have a lot I want to do in this lifetime and I need to be healthy to do it!

Needless to say I've been going about this entire thing all wrong which I already knew in the back of my mind. Maci is not the key to my weight loss. God is! That is why I am changing my entire blog from Maci to God. I need to give credit and focus where it's truly due and it is God that loves me and has always taken care of me, not a mannequin or any other material thing on this earth! God has always given me peace and freedom from whatever I've needed and now I need Him to free me from the bondage and slavery of overeating and I know if there's anything in this world I can count on- it's Him!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth A Van Cleve said...

I will be praying for you. You pray for me too. I have been fighting this battle FOREVER! Using food for the WRONG reasons!

Amanda Leigh said...

So awesome that you're doing this again. Good reminders. Thanks. I'm off to the gym right now. ;)

Elizabeth A Van Cleve said...

I do feel that I should caution you though to take the concepts and apply them to help you physically, but don't take their spiritual teaching as they are misusing scripture here. The scripture in KJ reads: "For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor coveteous man, who is an idolater (idol worshipper) hath any inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and God (6) let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience."

If we are to take this scripture and apply it to overeating, then every over eater or physically over weight person has the wrath of God on them and is not going to heaven. But that conflicts with the rest of God's word:
"Hear and understand: Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man... But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart..." Matt. 15: 11, 18 " "For man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." 1 Sam. 16: 7

Nicole said...

I completely agree Liz but you have to hear her entire message and how it's put to fully understand what they're teaching. I've just touched on it here in this post. And I agree, God does not care what we look like on the outside, but if we are overweight then it's simply from eating more then God intended us to eat or that we physcially need which means that food is holding a special place in our hearts and lives where only God should be. God says to love Him with ALL of our heart, mind and souls and when we put food up on a pedestal and let it consume our thoughts it does become a stronghold and an idol. I will pray for us both and I really appreciate your feedback and opinions! If you are interested in reading the book that I have or listening to the CD's I would be happy to send them to you. She explains it a lot better then I could :)