Thursday, April 29, 2010

Two Weeks and 4.5 lbs Down!!

Tonight is Week 3 of my class and so of course this morning was my weigh in day. I was not as excited to do it because I had not been as good as I should have been this past week. Don't get me wrong, I still ate A LOT less, but there were a few days when I felt like I definitely could have done better. It's funny too because I also was in my car a lot less and so I didn't listen to the cd's like I had the previous week as much either. I did read the Weighdown Chronicles everyday and watched some YouTube videos to try to keep my inspired but I think the audio cd's really make a big difference for sure to help to keep me focused. I know I need to get into my Breakthrough book and journal more this week as well because I noticed the days I did and read the Bible verses it also really helped.

So I weighed this morning and I had lost another 1.5 pounds!! To see the scale going DOWN is such a good feeling!! I'm a work in process and I'm hoping this coming week I can really start to fine tune everything. I know I need to get into my journal and book more and I know I need to pray more. I sometimes feel like I want to disappear for an entire day by myself somewhere so I can just be alone! I know most women (especially moms) feel that way but lately I've been feeling it more and more! I LOVE being with my baby boy and am so blessed to be able to work from home so I can be, but I feel like it's so hard to have alone time! When he finally goes down for his nap I'm usually trying to get caught up on work and then before I know it he's back up. I just want time totally to myself to get into everything and really be able to pray for everyone and everything so this week I'm really going to try to figure out the absolute best time for me so that I can focus each day for at least an hour.

Here is one of the bible verses from my book this week that really stood out:

Romans 8:5-8
Those who live according to sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.

Yikes! I do NOT want to be controlled by the sinful nature because it would terrify me to not be pleasing to God. I want to continue to learn and grow closer to Him every day and to try to please Him in everything I do!

No comments: