Sunday, September 27, 2009

A BREAKTHOUGH!!

Okay, so I had a bit of a breakdown the other night. Not to worry, I'm okay and everything is back on track. I got my chocolate fix, Aunt Flow never did visit (I know I should be relieved) and I apologized to Maci for the threats I made to her (see previous post). All in all, I feel really good today and am SO excited that I didn't let those negative voices get the best of me and kept up on my jogging at least.

Well this morning I woke up and mosied into the bathroom to brush my teeth as usual. I walked up to the bathroom sink and then literally stopped dead in my tracks. Was I seeing things or did my stomach look a little bit flatter and my waist a little bit more defined?! I couldn't even believe that it was noticeable enough to stop me dead in my tracks, espcially when I wasn't even looking for it! I just looked smaller in that area! I wasn't scheduled to weigh until this Friday but I was so excited that I thought, what the heck and took a deep breath and stepped onto the scale. Well I was disappointed briefly when the scale told me that I had only lost 1/2 pound since I last weighed (we have a digital one) but it didn't last because I know without a doubt that I have lost inches! Everyone always tells you when you start a work out program to not get too discouraged if the numbers on the scale don't go down right away because you're gaining muscle and bla bla bla... I already know that but either way, of course we all want to see the scale numbers going down! Well I'm still super excited now because I could see with my own eyes the inches going away and if it was noticeable enough for me to notice without even looking then all I can say is: "Can I get a WHOOP WHOOP?!"

3 comments:

Mrs... said...

WHOOP! WHOOP!!
you just keep it up! And DON'T weigh again until your suppose to!
FYI: You look GREAT!!

Tabitha said...

LOVE IT! I was going to work out today... I slept instead... Oh boy I need some help.

Amanda Leigh said...

Yay! That's awesome! I've been doing horribly the past two weeks. Between loosing Chris, moving downtown on campus, and starting school I've been stressed and eating way too much. I did so good all summer long (and lost a good amount of weight too) I don't want to gain it all back. Your post is motivating me again. Thanks sis!