Monday, September 7, 2009

My theory on why Maci's my secret weapon to weightloss

Okay, here's my theory on this so you all have a little bit of idea as to why I believe Maci is my secret weapon to weight loss and then I will go into a brief history of my own struggles in the past:

How many people out there have watched the very popular movie "The Secret"?, or read the book? Well, it, like many other self-help tools, teaches the theory that If you believe it, you can achieve it and one of the MAIN keys to making it happen is to visualize it happening. Well in some of my past attempts to loose weight I would buy a cute little bikini and hang it on a hanger where I could see it every day trying to visualize myself but it never worked! I even bought cute dresses, shirts, etc. but I think the main problem was that I couldn't visualize MYSELF in any of them anymore. I think something deep down inside of me kept telling me "you're not going to change, you're not going to loose it this time just like every other time, bla bla bla" (we've all heard that negative, little witchy pooh before, right?) And after so long of listening to her annoying little voice of doubt, I started believing her. I would tell myself I didn't, and sing the song I learned in Junior High "I'm not judged by the number of times I fail (two,three,four), but by the number of times I succeed (two, three,four)..." over and over again, but I knew that I had lost that hope and didn't know if anything could spark me into believing again that I would one day be thin. That was, until Maci arrived.

The second I put her together and, like I said before, put those cute size 5 jeans on her, I all the sudden saw ME wearing them and something "clicked"! That's the day I had my husband take the picture of me standing next to her that I posted here and I announced that I would one day fit into her jeans! At first, that witchy pooh voice was telling me, "don't get too excited, nothings going on here" but then the very next day I found myself doing my usual routine and after seeing Maci standing all thin in my front room, I decided to go downstairs on hop on my dusty treadmill and start JOGGING!! (something I hadn't done since before I was pregnant and kept telling myself I would start again someday). What the heck?! Why did seeing Maci make me want to work out? Because I was also seeing MYSELF in her. My healthy, thin self that I used to be and thought I would never see again! All of the sudden, I did! I know she IS still in there somewhere deep in me, I felt hope rising!

Well, that's the same feeling that I had when I was 16 years old and started loosing the weight then (I'll tell you about that in a bit) and have never felt that since. Needless to say, I was EXCITED! Then, when three days in a row went by and I was still jogging, I was SUPER excited! When I'm feeling down or like I don't want to work out, I visit Maci and she motivates me! She looks me square in the face and tells me if I'm ever going to fit in her jeans, I had better get my butt moving!

Okay, before you all think I'm crazy or you start to loose interest, think about this as well: How many of you have ever started hanging around a super cute, thin person all the time and the next thing you know, you find yourself loosing weight and making healthier choices? It's happened to me a couple of times. And the reverse is true also. When you're always hanging around people that are bigger then you, you think I'm not too fat and so you feel more comfortable eating MORE! It's true! BELIEVE ME! And the key to Maci is that because she's a full mannequin set up and looking good (not just a hanger) I am able to VISUALIZE myself!

Now me and Maci have a plan. We had a good heart to heart (yes, I'm sure she has a heart now in that plastered chest of hers) talk yesterday and she made it clear to me what I need to do to fit into her jeans one day. I will share later what our plan is but I have to get going right now because it's Labor Day and I'm taking my son to the parade here in town and I have to go jump on my treadmill and workout before we go! Hope you all have a great holiday today and enjoy a Monday of NO work!!

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

YOU go girlfriend! I know you will do it!!!!