Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tips to Boost Your Metabolism TODAY!!


Okay, so I've been trying to research the best ways to boost metabolism and jump start my energy and bla bla bla and I was reading a magazine and they had some really good tips in there that I am definitely going to start trying tomorrow. Of course the very next page was titled "Cheesecake Bliss", but that's for another day... So here's ways to slim up without hours of exercise a day because who on earth has the time?! Shut up Maci, you don't have to burn anything...
1) EAT BREAKFAST! Now I have heard this works before but this is saying that the more satisfying the breakfast is, the faster your metabolism hits its peak and filling up in the a.m. helps to nix future cravings as well. Interesting... Apparently breakfast eaters weigh up to 50% less on average than those who eat little or nothing and are 4.5 times less likely to be obese compared to those who skip it. Good news eh?
2) COFFEE! It says that the caffeine in just one cup of coffee delivers a 16% metabolism boost and drinking two to three cups a day halts emotional eating because coffee drinkers are 34% less likely to feel blue! NICE! Starbucks, here I come!
3) WORK OUT IN THE AM. Of course any time is better then no time, but people who work out in the a.m. are 90% more likely to stick to it than those who work out later.

4) COTTAGE CHEESE. This is loaded with protein and research shows folks who consume the most protein (especially dairy) have the speediest metabolisms and store up to 61% less fat!

5) GREEN TEA GUM. Green tea helps zap calories 43% faster than usual so instead of drinking five cups of tea you can simply pop two pieces, three times a day of gum infused with green-tea extract.

6) STAND UP. There are unique enzymes in your leg muscles and standing up is all it takes to activate them. Scientist found that getting up and moving around your office or home once an hour for just a couple minutes may have the same metabolism-boosting power as sweating for 60 minutes at the gym! WHAT?! Hold on, I'll be right back, need to stand up...

7) SLEEP. Of course we've all heard get more sleep...Apparently we need at least seven hours a night. It said women who slept five hours a night or less gained more weight than those who slept at least seven. (BTW, apparently aspirin can cause insomnia so don't take it before bed).

And here are some ways it suggested to melt fat faster then we ever thought possible:

1) FOOD LOG. Writing everything down really keeps you aware and accountable. (Okay, I will start that tommorow like I said)..

2) HOP ON SCALE. If you dare (read Scalephobia post). Apparently every two to three days. A study proved folks who weighed in daily lose 100% more than those on the exact same diet who didn't. WOW! I don't dare do it daily again but I'm considering doing it maybe once a week..We'll see..(deep breath).

There were of course some more tips like drink lots of water, get carb smart, yaddy yaddy yadda. Stuff we've all heard a thousand time. I just wanted to share the ones that I was surprised and impressed by.

Jogged my mile today and I really think today was the easiest time yet for me. I think that means I'm just about ready to up my length. I'm also going to start my food log like I had planned because as talked about above, it's supposed to help but it's late and I can't even remember everything I ate today so I will begining that tomorrow. So good night, sleep tight, I really really hope my double chin shrinks tonight...

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

It really does work, but it's kind of annoying...You will not want to eat certain things because you know you will have to write them down and then be forced to look at it while feeling pissed!
Love is a river!